Shipwreck and flooding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sulpicio has a horrendous record... i'm surprised they are still allowed to operate...

this is really sad...

and to be realistic with the ship that close to shore forget about it being a viable divesite in the intermediate future... it'll be salvaged for scrap metal so fast it'll be like it was never there...

hell... i can already see the vultures circling

Jag
You can't sue for big money like they do here in the US. Really sad to hear about this. I'm always a little nervous when riding on some of the ferries in the PI for this reason.

As for the capsized boat being a dive site, won't happen. Had a ferry flip over at Romblon Port and mentioned the same thing to the DM how it'd make a great wreck dive site. Didn't happen, the steel was just too valuable.

Sun.Star Network Online - Container ship capsized off Antique waters

Well, wouldn't you know it....we now have a bona fide shipwreck in our front yard. It is a sad scenario that brings us to this though. We understand that the ship's company of 20 lost one crew member. The environmental hazards are many still....bunker oil, plastics, petroleum products, etc....we'll see how that goes. Still no power day 7.

Last edited:
We are taking care of our own....out of our pocket. We have taken care of our family and employees.

Of course you should. We all do. Who else do you expect to take care of your family and employees???

Back
Top Bottom