Shipping update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since I teach at a LDS that is listed as a dealer, I stopped by yesterday to ask if they had some coming/in stock. The manager told me that she's been calling every couple months to check on their standing order for (10, I think) units, and every time been told "soon".

Right now they don't have any; haven't heard a peep regarding units in transit, or even if they are shipping. Actually, they've heard "absolutely nothing, like a black hole".

...A dealer.

All the best, James

Hope I can jump in and help here. We have emailed and called everyone and all dealers who had a pre-order in with us. Unfortunately we have not been able to contact everyone. Sometimes the person who answers the phone doesn't know what we are talking about. Emails bounce back and so on. We fervently want everyone to be happy!!! If your LDS has not heard from us, that means that we have not been able to reach the right person at the store who has the order in. If they can call or email us, we'll get their shipment out pronto. next day latest for sure.

sincerely
Nautilus Mike

FWIW, I finally received my Lifeline on Monday and I was able to register for an MMSI on Boat US as a diver. I love the product and I am glad I finally received it, I just wish Nautilus had been a little more up front and honest along the way. As I side note, it is very easy to program the MMSI, but apparently not so easy to change it if you want to use the MMSI of the boat you will be on for the day.

Ummm, please don't think for a second that there was an issue of honesty. I've made lots of mistakes along the way but always doing my very best and never for a second intended to be dishonest. It's just been many, many times more difficult and time intensive than I ever imagined.

Re changing MMSI numbers. International regulations promulgated by ITU (international telecommunication union) require that the manufacturer must authorize any change in an MMSI number. We're stuck with that. With all other brands of DSC radios, the unit must be shipped back to the factory to reset MMSI. I thought that was crazy and that became part of the reason for installing a usb port and providing software. if you call or email us when you want to change your MMSI number, we will make the necessary adjustment in the database at our end and all you have to do is connect your unit to our website, click on "update" and your unit will be ready for a new number.

best regards
Mike

I would think that you would want to maintain your own independent MMSI. Is there a reason to want to adopt the MMSI of the boat you are on?

I agree. If you reprogram with the boat's MMSI, and you push the red button, the CG is going to think the boat is sinking, not go looking for one missing diver.

Mike

Got my unit yesterday in the Post. Setup my MMSI and had a heck of a time loading the software on my Win 7 system. Did all the work arounds and no Joy. Loaded it on my laptop (Win XP) and everything worked. Tested it today on the boat and it works good. Will Dive it this weekend and see how the group does on a drift dive.

Still have to practice the button changes for talking.
Looks like a good addation to my kit. Thanks for all the help.
Bryan

Mike

Got my unit yesterday in the Post. Setup my MMSI and had a heck of a time loading the software on my Win 7 system. Did all the work arounds and no Joy. Loaded it on my laptop (Win XP) and everything worked. Tested it today on the boat and it works good. Will Dive it this weekend and see how the group does on a drift dive.

Still have to practice the button changes for talking.
Looks like a good addation to my kit. Thanks for all the help.
Bryan

On Win7, did you do "Run As Administrator" to invoke the install program?
Win7 32-bit or 64-bit?

Received my unit today and tried to register to get the MMSI but nothing happened. Will i receive it by email or how does it work? The instruction is a bit sparse on every topic.

I did mine on boatsUS.com and after I registered I was sent to a certificate page that gave me my MMSI at no cost. I printed it off and used it when I programed the lifeline. I keep the printed page in the box so I do not lose it.

Hope that helps.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom