Ship my steel DIN tanks to Oahu or sell them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

L

Lopaka

As long as I am pestering the group, it occurs to me that bringing our steel HP100 and LP65 tanks, both DIN valve, to Hawaii does not make much sense. Calif. boat diving is pretty much bring all your own gear, including tanks and weights. The boat do air fills between dives. Have no experience how it is done in Hawaii other than the BI, which was obviously vacation oriented and tanks and weights were supplied. Should we bother bringing the tanks, or just convert the regs back to yoke fittings and sell the DIN stuff?

Oahu is also tourest boot diving providing tanks and air. However, we also have some shore diving and a few folks have private boats too. If your shipping pallets or a container of houeshold stuff, Id say bring em. If you have to pay full price shipping, maybe not.

Aloha Lopaka
If you like your tanks, bring them. It beats renting. You can mail an empty scuba tanks for around $35.
Aloha
Turtleguy9

Lopaka you can always ship them to me!

I have 9 tanks all with DIN, no problems getting them filled. Doesn't hurt that I work at a dive shop though.

You're hardest part is going to be getting HP fills, almost no one on the island knows what HP fills are or even if they can do it! But there are a few shops with boosters/HP compressors. Short answer: bring em'!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom