Shiny shiny and fishy fishy ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just replaced my faithful Casio watch with another one that has a depth gauge for when I work on the boat. I really like it, but I'm used to a velcro or black rubber band while the new one has a very shiny stainless steel band and was wondering how much trouble folks have with shiny things and fish. The area I work in has barracuda and I didn't know if it was a big issue or not...

Mahalo, Tim

A couple years ago one of the Lahaina Divers DM's told me he used to carry a shiny craftsman wrench as a tank banger till one took it from him mid-hit after a Cathedrals dive.

I had one come in on me from 60' to 2' in about 1/2 second once in the Caribbean. I was filming in 15' of water in a cloud of silver baitfish. Must've been a glint off my port. Got some great video...:)

I think it worse when you wear ankle jewelry. I've seen women in shorties get nipped a lot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom