shin fin experiences???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had a pair for two years. They do work, although I would not try them for scuba. I consider them more of a swimming aid. I originally ordered mine from OZ after finding the website on line. Quick shipping and fabulous customer service with the inventor personally responding to questions that I had. I like mine, especially for freestyle swimming and for augmenting my monofin.

a bit late reply, but if you want to know more about the shinfin leg fins, here is an interesting review shinfin(TM) Leg Fins Review: No more sinking legs during your swim. (Fins for your legs, freedom for your feet)

I wouldn't recommend the shinfins for scuba diving as they don't have much surface area and it is much harder to kick with them, so you'd use up your oxygen quicker. However, if you want to become more efficient in using your scuba fins by having a better kick and stronger leg muscles, shinfins are great for this as they will force you to kick the right way and strengthen your quads. But as I mentioned, probably better only for the pool and swimming usage.

Late, too, but had never heard of shin fins. Looks very interesting, but I have a question swimator, as you use these fins. Does the fin itself ever rub a burn? And I don't mean the good muscle type of burn. I mean an exterior skin wound, like a carpet burn.

I've used them for some time and there is really no burn as in carpet burn. Plenty of muscle burn in your legs :).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom