Sherwood Wisdom Fault

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The wisdom 1 is the unit I had replaced twice. I have not had any problems with the wisdom 2 other than the fact that I find it a bit permissive.

The Wisdom (aka Wisdom 1) had some issues, that's for sure. My dive buddy bought the Wisdom on clearance from LeisurePro and it funked out on him twice. The display just went crazy and alarm started going off. Sometimes the alarm would go off even though it's dry. It was sent back to Leisurepro for repair after the first time it went crazy. He got it back, did a few dives with it and it acted up again with the same problem. He got sick and tired of dealing with Leisurepro so he just kept it and bought an Aeris wristwatch air integrated dive computer.

My Wisdom 2 is still going strong and I love using that thing. So simple and easy.

I've had my wisdom for over 5 years and over 100 dives I love my wisdom

If you dig around here and elsewhere on the net I think you will find that there were some serious reliability issues with the very first series of Wisdoms, but after that problem was fixed I don't think they've been any more problematic than comparable units from other manufacturers.

Note that there have been two distinct releases of "Wisdom 2" computers, the 7135 with teal buttons that is otherwise very similar to the first Wisdom, and the 9135 with chrome buttons, a different electrical connector, and deepstop support.

Anecdotally, I've used a 7135 for years and put nearly 300 dives on it without a problem in the water anyway - my problems have only been establishing a good connection to PC for downloading, and then also the software was pretty buggy for awhile until they finally patched it. Battery has been changed once.

Fritz,i had same connection problem with my wisdom 2 took off the boot and cleaned the contacts,along with everything else, and all is good.hard to do though you need to pop out the compass first,then you can see the screws.

Me and my husband have had the Wisdom for many years, and neither of us has ever had any problems with it. I was kind of shocked to learn of complaints about this computer, as I just love it and can't say anything bad about it- knock on wood.

Back
Top Bottom