Sherwood Shadow + Inflator/octo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And a good 2 bubbles worth it is too!
I'm thinking twice about an inflator/octo combo again... (heavy sigh) Maybe just go for conventional and deal with the extra hose. If (when) I need to use it, I want it to WORK!!! And not poorly or adequately, but well. ...N

I have been diving a Sherwood Shadow for about 15 years now. It is still my primary back up. In those 15 years I have used it twice. I survived and so did my buddy no problems. Was it a comfortable accent, nope, but it worked no problems, got us both to the surface and both on the boat. Who cares if it does not breath fantastic, it is in my mouth once a year to practice and make sure it works correctly. I always know where it is, on my left side on my chest, no fishing around for it.

I have a sherwood oasis plus and a shadow from around 1989. The oasis plus and the first stage still work very well and I have never had any problem. In fact, I will use the plus as an octo on my next setup and may keep the first stage as I have never had a problem with it.

The shadow is complete crap. I shouldn't have to work to breathe at 30'. I was considering selling it, but that would be a disservice to the diving community.

The little octo who couldn't is going skeet shooting in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom