Sherwood regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had my Magnum for about a year now and I've had no problems what so ever. The reason I bought a Sherwood is simple, cheap, bulletproof, easy to repair, easy to get parts for. If the majority of dive shops are renting Sherwoods, there's a reason.

My 2 cents worth.

I dive sherwood as well as service them. I have never had any problems with the free flow as that only happens when the reg is out of tune. I have 30 regulators in my rental they are all Sherwood. I would not rent anything else to my customers. As for cold water I have done ice diving with the sherwood Blizard and the Magnum. They both worked great. I vote Sherwood!

jtrain01:
I have an outdated reg right now and and I am looking into sherwood and scubapro. I heard that scuba pro reg freeflow frequently in cold water. For the money, the freeflowing is a little discouraging. Does anyone have any input on the sherwood blizzard or magnum. A few dive shops have recomended both of those regs. I do most diving in the cape ann, mass area. water temp is in the 50's in the summer. Any recomendations would be appreciated.

The Sherwoods will never freeze but they don't breath as good as the SP regs. I use a MK25/G250HP as my first primary on my doubles and a Maximus as my 2nd primary. I bought the Max when I first began diving and it's a decent reg so I kept it. The SP breaths so good though it's unbelievable. I use mine year round (in Mass) and I made about 15 dives in water colder than 40 degrees with no free flows. This year my coldest dive was 34 degrees and no free flow. The free parts for life for the SP's is really nice. What you pay for parts for the Sherwood's after the 2 year parts will add up. If you do get a Sherwood, get the best they off - Maximus.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom