Sherwood Oasis Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikhQail

New
Reaction score
Hi Fellas,

Anybody got any review comment on the latest Sherwood Oasis Regulator? They claim to have eliminate the feeling of dryness in your mouth when using other regulators...

hi
the oasis and the blizzard
are the same reg
it was a marketing trick to sell the blizzard down south
change the face plate
the fins that would keep the second stage from frezzing now retain the moisture in warm water
still a good reg
hopes this helps

I have used the Oasis since last April and it did eliminate dryness. At least compared to all the rental regs I had been using. Got it for a good price and I am more comfortable.

bottomrunner:
hi
the oasis and the blizzard
are the same reg
it was a marketing trick to sell the blizzard down south
change the face plate
the fins that would keep the second stage from frezzing now retain the moisture in warm water
still a good reg
hopes this helps

They are the same regulator in that they both have plated heat transfer fins which prevent reg freeze-up and captures moisture. The Blizzard has a plated exhaust heat sink which is absent in the Oasis. The Maximus is the blizzard with the added under arm hose and a inhalation control knob.

but they have the same first stage
i use the first stage because it is balanced
inlike the brut which is unbalanced
i also use the oden jet stream as a second stage
and have no problems.
the other post carries a mares mr12 with a enviro.kit and has a sherwood magnum second stage
and my argon bottles have a healthways sonic first stage.i like this one because it does not need a pressure gauge.
and my stage bottles have brut first stage with a sea elete second stage
you can mix and match
only thing is, you have to know how to adjust the intermediate pressure and second stage cracking pressure.

Hmmm.. I read them all and haven't noticed to much about your original question about dry mouth. When I switched to Apeks Inoticed the dryness that my blizzard eliminated. It was a little but not the end of the world. The bliaard is a very good and very popular reg becuase of easy serviceability, price, performance, reliability, and value. It is a great all around reg to get. How we got to intermediate pressure and cracking resistance I do not know....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom