Sherwood Minimus Octo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bhanson

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all. Wondering if anyone has experience with the Sherwood Minimus Octo? I've been trying to find info on the Sherwood site but it's kind of bare for specs. I'm wondering how the reg performs and if it can handle Nitrox up to 40%. Any thoughts or help? Thanks

Poor breather (like all hockey puck 2nd stages) but simple and reliable.
Any piece of scuba equipment can use up to 40% without having to do anything to it.

Sherwoods are a brand that can be repaired almost every place on the planet. We at leisure Pro have them and at a good price. Please visit our website leisurepro.com type in the search widow sherwood and you can scroll down and see information on the minimus or type in SKU: SWDEO and it will pop up for you immediatly. It is ready out of the box for nitrox. If you have any further quetions please contact me.

Every regulator is ready for 40% Nitrox out of the box. The sherwood minimus is a stiff breather. It is very similar to it's left hand port cousin, Sherwood Shadow, which has an integrated lp inflator hose. I have one laying around, if anyone is interested in buying it. Sherwood regulators are extrememly reliable and universally serviceable.

i try it at 30mts in cold water, breathing was verry god, its light small and look cool

My wife and I both went to the Minimus for our travel gear. It is very light weight which is always a bonus for luggage and we went to the Miflex hoses all around to reduce bulk. As far as breathing, it is an alternate so how big an issue is performance as long as it functions properly and when needed. I was always a Dacor man, but with the 50 pound weight limit, every ounce counts and now I only need one set of spare parts for both Sherwood regs and they are so reliable anyway that it is almost not worth packing parts. Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom