Sherwood Magnum Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefrat

Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious:
Has anyone seen the inside of the newer Sherwood Magnum Pro SRB9350 second stage?
It is now balanced and I suspect uses the same basic valve components as the SR2, so please tell me if the air balance chamber is now metallic (chromed brass)?

Hi Bob
That's the older version. The new one is completely different in the second stage, here is an image I found.

Attachments

• magnum_intern_grande.jpg
    magnum_intern_grande.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 61
Just curious:
Has anyone seen the inside of the newer Sherwood Magnum Pro SRB9350 second stage?
It is now balanced and I suspect uses the same basic valve components as the SR2, so please tell me if the air balance chamber is now metallic (chromed brass)?
Sorry, your suspicions are wrong. Magnum Pro, Brut Pro, and Sherwood Octo are all variations on the same theme. SR2 is significantly different. What are you after with that question?

Sorry, your suspicions are wrong. Magnum Pro, Brut Pro, and Sherwood Octo are all variations on the same theme. SR2 is significantly different. What are you after with that question?

Not after anything really, a magnum was my first “plastic” reg back in the late 80’s and I have a soft spot for them.

What do you mean by “same theme”, is it that they are all a pneumatically balanced valve with the same construction- and is that a plastic air barrel?
According to some parts I have seen listed the magnum and SR2 use the same balanced shuttle valve so likely to be similar in valve design.
Also, the previous version had a weird Delrin demand lever and the one in the cutaway above looks like it is probably metallic!

Sherwood Octo Pro is a Brut Pro with some cosmetic differences, tuned to a slightly higher cracking pressure.
Magnum Pro is a Brut Pro with some cosmetic differences, tuned to a slightly lower cracking pressure, plus a venturi switch. Body is different part number to accommodate venturi.

All are pneumatically balanced, tube and lever are metal. The [adjustment screw]/[balance chamber] is plastic, and is a different part number and design from SR2. Of the 5 brands I work on, I don't recall ever having run into a 2nd stage balance chamber that wasn't plastic. Doesn't mean they don't exist, I just can't bring one to mind.

Sherwood Octo Pro is a Brut Pro with some cosmetic differences, tuned to a slightly higher cracking pressure.
Magnum Pro is a Brut Pro with some cosmetic differences, tuned to a slightly lower cracking pressure, plus a venturi switch. Body is different part number to accommodate venturi.

All are pneumatically balanced, tube and lever are metal. The [adjustment screw]/[balance chamber] is plastic, and is a different part number and design from SR2. Of the 5 brands I work on, I don't recall ever having run into a 2nd stage balance chamber that wasn't plastic. Doesn't mean they don't exist, I just can't bring one to mind.

Exactly what I wanted to know, thanks very muchly!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom