Sherwood Avid vs. Sea Quest QD+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shaun,

I have a QD and have ben happy with it. If you use the seach function on his board, you'll come up with a lot of data on the QD (including at least one review I wrote recently).

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

No knowledge of the Sherwood Avid.

Hope this helps.

In regards to the Sherwood Avid, I purchased one last spring at the conclusion of my O/W course, and have been completely happy with it. I've gone through and gotten my A O/W & Rescue certs since then, and not a problem.

Can't say I've done much to it beyond normal rinsing off etc, the D-rings are possitioned nicely, the dump valves are nicely located, although the right side shoulder pull knob can be hard to find. (It likes to wrap up with the D-rings, but its never caused problem, just an inability to find). I've hung a self-contailed pony off the right side d-rings (clip on the top & bottom of a 19 CF bottle), no restrictions in movement.

I only put a partial amount of my weight in the integrated weight system. (6 lbs), and then wear a weightbelt. Turns out the weight belt was exactly right for my wetsuit, so in Bermuda I just had 6 lbs w/o any wetsuit.

I'm a happy camper with it.

Back
Top Bottom