Sherwood Avid tank band breaks loose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @drrich2

If you go with the Hydros Pro, make sure you get one where the wing will not slide from side to side excessively. Apparently, Scubapro has fixed the problem with the bungee system to prevent this from happening. I was in a very large Scubapro dealer in Jupiter, FL a week ago and all of BCs on the floor were the older model. To be honest, I'm very surprised a defect like this was not picked up in the design stage.

Though Scubapro has fixed the problem with the shoulder straps, the first example in the thread was a ripped hole for the waist band. I've been diving a Knighthawk since 2006, no such defects.

i have been through two sherwood's avid bcs because of the same problem.....there are a few threads on this subject.....here's one of them with my entries.

Avid BC / Broken strap holder (lower)

I can understand having problems with the first one, but the second!

i had the first one for 13years and just bought another before i found out this was a common problem.

Newbie here researching for first BCD and very interested in the Luna. Has Sherwood changed their design on new BCD's to mitigate this issue? How would you know whether a new one was with this flawed design?

look at the photos in this thread and make sure it doesn't have the same attachment...such as the tanks straps going through the plastic adapter...

Back
Top Bottom