Sherwood Avid Pocket Snorkel Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwall:
2266.jpg

vs.

2281.gif

I haven't died with the Apollo, but it looks "bulkier" when stored.
yes, I've got one and it is pretty bulky folded. But it is a very nice snorkel to use, not really compromised. Sort of depends how much room you have in your pockets ...

I have one dive buddy who stows a standard J snorkel inside her wetsuit, of course it's a front zip wetsuit, seems to keep it out of the way, but easily accessible if needed at the surface...

cortez:
I couldn't concur more... I bought mine because I am required to have one on my person when working a class.

I think what we really need is just a better module pocket to attach a decent snorkel to a BC/Harness. I've tried many things, but ultimately have been unstatisfied. Eventually I'll figure it out...

Truth be told I've got an idea for one, but haven found anyone to stitch my prototype yet. If I every find anyone to do that, I'll post some pictures.

Good idea cortez, I like the idea of having my snorkel with me for OW dives, just in case, but it does get in the way, I think I'll try to make a sheath that can slide onto your webbing to hold the snorkel, might have to have a velcro secured flap on top, need to do a little experimenting.

Actually if you are diving a BP/W a simple quick release snorkel keeper zip-tied to your backple in the correct location solves the problem.

I had something in mind - similiar to a pop-flare pouch - which would be more of a sheath. Like you said it would have "secure" closeure on the botton to allow the user to slide the snorkel in or out. To secure it I was planning on using a 1" QR buckle - another idea from a pop-flare pouch.

For me the attachment will be quite interesting. I plan on having MOLLE/PALS webbing sewn to the back of my IQ pack. This will allow the attachment of weight pockets or my snorkel sheath.

As of last night I now have someone to do the stitch work for me, I just need to get the plans and material to him... hopefully in a week or two.

Back
Top Bottom