Sherkston shores Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Anyone know the temp in June?

Tom R:
In Florida or Ontario

In the quarry silly!

I am assuming that the quarry is in Ontario. Of course this Florida girl probably does not want to know!

I'm not sure about June, but it was in the low 50's yesterday. Also, the viz goes down to pretty much zero near the end of June, early July and stays that way for the rest of the summer

I've seen the vis down to 10-15ft, I've never seen it worse than that unless someone mucked it up.

It's a great place for Navigation training dives :eyebrow:

I am actually traveling from Florida to this Quarry to go with a friend on her checkout dives. I am a Divecon and have done a great deal of limited vis dives which do not bother me. I am not sure it is a great place to take students but I am not the instructor. The part that I am a little concerned with is the cold!!!! Us Floridians are spoiled. I usually don't dive in water less than 72!

If anyone has anymore info on this place I would greatly appreciate it!

Ann

I'm not sure, I might have mis-marked a log. June 12th last year my logbook says 51 on the bottom. There is a thermocline and it's quite warm above it. I often stay just above it and watch the students get cold!! above the thermocline at that time of year, you can get away without hood and gloves.

There is not much to see. 2 locomotive engines (there was a line to them last year. We let students navigate before we tell them about the line). The pump house is interesting. There are also golf carts in a couple of spots (I think they were nightime entertainment for the local teens)

Tavi:
I'm not sure, I might have mis-marked a log. June 12th last year my logbook says 51 on the bottom. There is a thermocline and it's quite warm above it. I often stay just above it and watch the students get cold!! above the thermocline at that time of year, you can get away without hood and gloves.

There is not much to see. 2 locomotive engines (there was a line to them last year. We let students navigate before we tell them about the line). The pump house is interesting. There are also golf carts in a couple of spots (I think they were nightime entertainment for the local teens)

Define "quite warm" please! I am a wimp!

Back
Top Bottom