Sheridan 10/29/06 Halloween/b-day dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lil' castaway:
Great party and beach pictures!!!!!

So where are the Venice underwater pictures? :D

Well my face was too busy getting planted in the sand to actually focus.......:11: So disappointed, I coulda gotten a couple of great macro shots of the lovely grains of sand that seemed so prevalent in that area....:rofl3:

Seems flickr is better for the albums than google's piacasa, I'm going to redo my albums to there I think. People seem to have a problem getting on Piacasa without loggin into a G account. Go figure, it being "free" and all. :no

MNJoe:
I arrived to hear that our dive charter had been cancelled by the boat captain. It was disappointing, but what do you do? Well, we drank and we ate. MissD, thank you so much! Not only for putting in the effort to charter the boat, but also for offering up your home for the BBQ (and what a great BBQ it was), but also for allowing me and the others to stay there, and the food itself. I am definitely indebted to you. I may have not been able to dive the Sheridan, but I did drink a few. I had a great time partying with everyone.

Thanks to Stu for being the BBQ Chef.

So our boat captain failed us, but Walter came through with a fossil dive at Venice Beach. It was my 1st beach dive with any kind of surf (not that the surf was huge, but it was big enough to call surf), it was also my 1st 0 visibility dive. I owe you for the air and the buddy line. The dive would not have been possible without the buddy line. I absolutely could not see Frank. This dive was definitely good for personal growth.

Keith aka MNJoe

Next time we need to be more specific with the captain... we need good seas will be at the top of the list for requests :wink: Could you imagine if we were out on the boat that day, especially considering the seas were even higher when we checked on them in the morning? Ooooof.

I actually brought this thread up again as someone (not from our group) forwarded this post to Captain Herman - kind of intimating we were perhaps giving him negative publicity on the board :sad: I let him know that while we were not thrilled with our dive being cancelled and we had some grumblings - ultimately our safety is on his shoulders - and that we know and respect that. Further, I don't think anyone who did grumble the night before (me), grumbled in the morning after looking at the newest forecast :D

Okay sorry just wanted to get that out. I was bothered that he would think anyone from this group would be malicious towards him, especially on a public forum.

I'd also like to point out, while everyone was disappointed we weren't diving, most of the comments I heard were supportive of erring on the side of caution. I much prefer a captain who will voluntarily give up a nice pay day to keep his customers safe to one who will take divers out in dangerous conditions.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom