Sheerwater peregrine gauge mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mario007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does the peregrine lock for 24/48 hours after been used as gauge/apnea mode?

No lock. Tissues are cleared, so plan accordingly.
Just to make it clear.
Instead
The i330r from aqualung will keep the saturation and add to the dive mode?

Ps: I just trying to get as much information before buy my first DC

Just to make it clear.
Instead

Ps: I just trying to get as much information before buy my first DC
Not to my knowledge. If using a DC in gauge mode, the computer is not tracking or storing dive information. Using in DC mode after a gauge mode dive will result in the computer not having a full picture.

Some computers don't allow switching back to normal dive mode after a gauge mode dive until a certain amount of time has passed. Peregrine doesn't have the delay, but retaining old tissue information at that point is useless as it doesn't have a full picture.

Shearwater computers will not lock you out no matter how "bad" you were. If you ignore a deco stop it will continue to act as a computer and crunch numbers appropriate to the dive profiles it has to sample from. If you go into gauge mode and subsequently change it to use as a dive computer it will then give your info based on the current dive (not the gauge one) and nothing from previous dives that day/week. If guy want your dive computer to treat you like an adult then get a Shearwater. If you want your hand held and to be put in a corner of you "whoops" then go for something else.

No idea. It's generally discouraged to freedive immediately after scuba. Bubbles can compress, move into smaller blood vessels, then block them after resurfacing. Think: potential stroke.

OTOH, if you freedive first (meaning with clean tissues), it's difficult for most people to build up appreciable tissue tensions. Either computer would work in such cases.

If you go into gauge mode and subsequently use it as a dive computer it will then give your info based on the last logged dive (not the gauge one).
This part isn’t correct. If you change from one of the dive modes to gauge mode, the computer will clear the tissues. It warns you before the change, and restarts. Unlike some other computers, it won’t force you into gauge mode for violations, and given the warning, it would be hard to accidentally find yourself there.
If guy want your dive computer to treat you like an adult then get a Shearwater. If you want your hand held and to be put in a corner of you "whoops" then go for something else.
No argument there, though there are others that will treat you like an adult. My Garmin, for example, allows the user to choose if they want it to lockout or not.

This part isn’t correct. If you change from one of the dive modes to gauge mode, the computer will clear the tissues. It warns you before the change, and restarts. Unlike some other computers, it won’t force you into gauge mode for violations, and given the warning, it would be hard to accidentally find yourself there.
I wasn't clear, sorry. I meant if you use it in guage and then set it as a dive computer fit a subsequent dive. I will correct my unclear statement above.

Please help me to understand:

This is from the i330r manual:
FREE DIVE MODE DETAILS
• Although breathing apparatus is not utilized for free dive activities, nitrogen tissue loading remains a factor. Nitro￾gen loading is calculated based upon a fixed FO2
of Air.
• Since a user has the option of alternating between SCUBA and free dive activities within a 24 hour period, nitrogen calculations and the displayed value of No Decompression Dive Time Remaining are carried over from one operating mode to the other, which permits the user to maintain awareness of nitrogen absorption and off￾gassing status.
• The mathematical models currently used in the i330R are based on no decompression/decompression multilevel repetitive dive schedules.
• These algorithms do not take into account the physiological changes associated with the high pressures that competitive type free diving

If I understood correctly this DC will "estimate" the saturation during the free diving and will keep track of it if I switch into dive mode?

Please help me to understand:

This is from the i330r manual:
FREE DIVE MODE DETAILS
• Although breathing apparatus is not utilized for free dive activities, nitrogen tissue loading remains a factor. Nitro￾gen loading is calculated based upon a fixed FO2
of Air.
• Since a user has the option of alternating between SCUBA and free dive activities within a 24 hour period, nitrogen calculations and the displayed value of No Decompression Dive Time Remaining are carried over from one operating mode to the other, which permits the user to maintain awareness of nitrogen absorption and off￾gassing status.
• The mathematical models currently used in the i330R are based on no decompression/decompression multilevel repetitive dive schedules.
• These algorithms do not take into account the physiological changes associated with the high pressures that competitive type free diving

If I understood correctly this DC will "estimate" the saturation during the free diving and will keep track of it if I switch into dive mode?
That is a Free Dive mode, which the Peregrine does not have. The i330R also has a Gauge Mode, like the Peregrine, that is just a bottom timer and does not track nitrogen.
1668695122306.png

Back
Top Bottom