Shearwater ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought the screen sizes were the same just larger case for the Predator. That said for the OP get the Petrel as you can get firmware for both tec and rec. The Predator is strictly tec.
I guess I never understood this statement, although I've seen it many times. I dive my Predator on 32% single gas using 35/70 GF. I do this for 95% of my dives. Seems pretty recreational to me.

The Rec mode makes it harder for average Rec-only divers to hurt themselves by messing with settings. Experienced/Well-Read Rec-only divers can obviously dive in the "Tec Mode" safely. Freshly minted Rec-only divers can dive in "Tec Mode" safely as long as they don't screw with too many settings, or do it in the right way.

Ah. Diver safe. Why didn't I think of that?

I have owned both, I think the Predator is too bulky.

The Petrel can use a multitude of batteries and out of the box the SA will do OC/CC.

Ah. Diver safe. Why didn't I think of that?

It's a little bit more than just diver safe, although maybe it is that too. The display is less cluttered for Rec display and the main info fonts are a bit larger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom