Shearwater with Suunto RGBM backup.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Subsurface on Linux. One of the subsurface devs is quite pro eon, so I had the impression subsurface could do the necessary customisations. Definitely something to check before pulling the trigger.

I did bit of searching, and didn't see anything to support my optimistic theory. I did find a Linus Torvalds post from 2017 mentioning the need to use DM5 to customize the screen, so that probably is still the case.

Well I joined the Shearwater club as well. I wanted to update the old Zoop and Vyper pair to something with modern screen technology, visibility and functionality. They still worked fine for me and I never found them particularly limiting for the dives I do (e.g DM led Caribbean boat dives). I liked the Eon core but given the lacklustre performance of DM5 I looked at SW because of the stellar customer support, dedicated following and recommendations. The Peregrine is the perfect rec diver computer for me but seeing as the Perdix AI could be had on sale I opted for that. I don’t think I really needed AI, or compass let alone the tech features but since I was told this is the last computer you are buying better to buy once, cry once.
I’m heading out on a two week dive trip and it will be interesting to see how these behave on multiple, sequential days of diving.

Back
Top Bottom