Shearwater Teric vs. Perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-tronix does the US repairs for Shearwater. He has a close relationship with SW.

Ohhhh, ok. Good to know! SW said that they were extending their warranty into January of 2023, so that is good to hear. It also comes with a screen protector in the box, so that is an added plus.

Got mine back from repair about 4 months ago. Warranty service. Charged it but didn't dive due to covid since. Wore it or sat on dresser for 3 months before I had to charge it again.

Got mine back from repair about 4 months ago. Warranty service. Charged it but didn't dive due to covid since. Wore it or sat on dresser for 3 months before I had to charge it again.

That corroborates what Shearwater said when I called them. Thanks for replying! That is useful information indeed.

Also had mine changed out after higher than normal battery drain - as it was an early unit, they almost completely rebuilt it for free as well to bring it up to current manufacturing standard. Richard at Dive-Tronix was awesome to work with - turned it around in less than 1 week over Christmas last year. I last charged it on September 16 and just checked it and it's still at 92%.

I agree with the divers who recommend Perdix and for the same reasons. It's the best computer I have ever owned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom