Shearwater Teric - a few questions on how it works!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Am I right in thinking that as long as I wear my watch on all my dives, all the metrics I'm shown (NDL, tissue loading, ppO2) take into account everything I've done in terms of diving? (I am 99.9% sure this is right, but worth confirming!)
Correct, as long as it's in dive mode and the gas is set correct. I believe the Teric also has an option for gauge mode, and possibly freedive mode, but I'm not 100% on that. As I have a Perdix.

After a time, all of the tissue compartments will have effectively outgassed back to normal. Dives done after that point would be clean first dives. For multiple dives in a day, the computer will count the 1st dive, and surface interval between to compute new NDLs, etc. on the next dives.
2. Whenever I am planning a dive in terms of depth/NDL and switch my selected gas to Nitrox 32, presumably that is also factoring in all my previous dives? The manual says "The Deco Planner does not provide thorough validation of the profile. For example, it does not check for nitrogen narcosis limitations, gas usage limitations, CNS percentage violations, or isobaric counter-diffusion risks due to sudden helium switches" but I assume it does factor in other aspects of prior dives?
Correct. I use the recreational planner, which will tell me NDLs for subsequent dives based on my first.
3. Am I right in thinking there is no way to enter tank size to have the Teric/Shearwater Cloud to calculate RMV?
You can enter tank size in Shearwater Cloud, but it's more of a note and doesn't calculate RMV.
I use Subsurface for logging as well. With Subsurface, I select the tank from a dropdown, and it does calculate RMV.
4. Is there any field on my dives where I can track RMV in Shearwater Cloud after manually working it out and then graph it?
Not that I've come across, but other dive log software will do that. Like I mentioned, I use Subsurface, but others (Diving Log, MacDive, etc.) will track this. Subsurface (Desktop version) also provides a graphical display of the consumption (when using AI) during the dive. The pressure line will be colored differently for points of the dive where gas usage was higher.

Awesome thanks! I had bought MacDive, but Subsurface seems so much more powerful.

As an aside - do you know what the color coding on the depth numbers are?

Awesome thanks! I had bought MacDive, but Subsurface seems so much more powerful.

As an aside - do you know what the color coding on the depth numbers are?
On the depth numbers themselves? I’m not sure. Most of mine are the same color. The graphs are color coded, though. Red are fast ascent/descent, etc.

The gas pressure line is also color coded. Red indicates higher than average compared to other points on that same dive.

Yeah mine looks like this? They're all the same color so maybe it's meaniningless!

Screenshot 2022-05-10 at 18.59.25.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom