Shearwater quality control

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bet once you're in the water it won't even be visible. My screen is scratched and you can't even tell when using it. 🙄

Edit: yes I realize it's new and expensive. As such it shouldn't be like that, but it's a tool that will get bumped and brushed.

What makes people believe that I haven’t contacted Shearwater yet?
Shearwater support has been extremely slow. They’ve asked for more pictures which is annoying. I just want a new computer.

Toss it in the trash and buy a Suunto or as suggested contact them, they will take care of it.
I have a Suunto Solution alpha but I want AI.

Well it would have been decent to mention that in your first post to provide anyone reading the post the full facts.

It didn't leave SW like that
I'd agree it likely didn't. What does the box look like? What does the shop you purchased it from have to say? You bought it without looking/handling it? If it is the screen (and not the film), I'd say it got dropped after leaving SW.....

Someone needs to own up to that...

Shearwater support has been extremely slow. They’ve asked for more pictures which is annoying. I just want a new computer.

Who did you buy it from?

Well it would have been decent to mention that in your first post to provide anyone reading the post the full facts.
That wasn’t the intention of my post. Just wanted people to be aware and make sure they check their devices when they buy them and not trust a quality checklist card just because it is from Shearwater.

I know we all like to support LDS but sometimes it is just a lot easier to buy on Amazon. If there is a problem it is a quick fix to just return it and get a new one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom