Shearwater Predator for sale Pompano Beach Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, just joined Scuba Board, so if I make a mistake, let me know!

Someone has mentioned a Predator for $950. Would someone let me know where I can get a Predator for $950?? All the Predator SA's (OC Tri-mix) I see are 1100 bucks. Am I missing something?

Someone has mentioned a Predator for $950. Would someone let me know where I can get a Predator for $950?? All the Predator SA's (OC Tri-mix) I see are 1100 bucks. Am I missing something?
If you were referring to this...
I agree with everything you're saying. But I can totally see how someone looking at a brand new model at $950 with OC/Trimix capabilities would find their way to spend $125 to get a brand new, fully warranteed model rather than buy used for nominally less. I'm in no hurry to replace my Predator, but I will probably end up buying a new one to see what it's all about and to support Shearwater (they're a pretty darn good company and deserve that support, anyway).

The "new" model being referred to is the Shearwater Petrel, not the Predator. Shearwater just announce the Petrel last month. If you don't need the Fischer connector, the Petrel seems to be comparable feature-wise to the Predator, and has an advantage of being physically smaller, too.

Thanks guys. Didn't originally say I was looking for new, so my bad. But the post did say "brand new" for 950, so..... Will check the Petrel (weird name??!).

Back
Top Bottom