Closed SHEARWATER PEREGRINE / BRAND NEW / NEVER TOUCHED / $415 SHIPPED

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LACityBoy Shearwater only allows authorized dealers to sell their products. If you bought from a sleazy seller on eBay, don’t expect SB users to bail you out. Sounds like this computer is actually third-hand. I wonder how he/she got it originally. Sounds dodgy to me.

If I was to be a potential buyer, I'd likely request the serial number to check with SW as to the device "authenticity"....

Shearwater, unfortunately, does not track, trace, nor compile databases on stolen, lost, or otherwise misplaced devices.

Perhaps they should.

Thus, a stolen unit's serial number would not reveal anything, to an inquirer, other than the details of it's manufacturing history and perhaps the series and/or firmware build number to which that particular device belongs.

MOD EDIT: Off topic comments deleted

Shearwater, unfortunately, does not track, trace, nor compile databases on stolen, lost, or otherwise misplaced devices.

Perhaps they should.

Thus, a stolen unit's serial number would not reveal anything, to an inquirer, other than the details of it's manufacturing history and perhaps the series and/or firmware build number to which that particular device belongs.

...but they know who originally sold it. That’s when last it was “new”.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread was temporarily closed for some cleanup. I understand that there's concern over the price and the provenance of this computer. But sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one. We have a newcomer to our Board, who has posted elsewhere about his enthusiasm for our favorite hobby. He was gifted a Teric but switched to a larger format computer. All are welcome to PM him about the purchaser of his Teric, to confirm that things are as they should be. In his enthusiasm, he jumped right into a Peregrine, only to be educated on the value of a Perdix AI.
So we are here with his offering of his Peregrine, for which his starting price was very close to retail, because it is apparently close to or completely new. He has not gotten takers thus far. In attempting to generate some enthusiasm for his sale, his early posts generated some snark and then some dog- piling, which has been deleted.
The pool has now been reopened. Let's all be nice. As stated in the forum rules, SB does not vouchsafe for the items placed on sale, but this thread is not the place for a debate. Please open a Conversation to ask your questions of the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom