Shearwater Perdix scuba computer double diy mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice!
Full disclosure: Just asking for interest on a nice idea and job well done. Don't own a Perdix (yet):
Does the spacing suffice for battery replacement w/o needing to remove one DC?
How is the "long assembly = brace?" on you arm in practice, where it sits during the dive? Do you keep full elbow and wrist mobility or does it get "tight", especially elbow wise (upper arm wanting to hit DC) ?

Spacing is not enough to change out a battery on one of the computers. The required space would make the whole thing way too long for a human arm. I specifically designed it around zip ties as the are super cheap to cut and replace.

How it handles, I don't know, will get it wet tomorrow.

BTW, what kind of paint did you use? How durable is it to salt water? I don't want something that can flake off and pollute.

Paint: Shop Rust-Oleum Universal Soft Iron Metallic Enamel Spray Paint (Actual Net Contents: 11-oz) at Lowes.com

I want to say it is rather one of the best sprays I ever used. The shimmering paint is also good looking and looks high grade. This sprays says it is good on plastic. I tried it on wood too but the results (the look) are way worse, it truly looks better on non-porous material like PVC. On the mount I did like 4 paint layers plus 2 glaze layers. I want to say that it holds very well. It does need a big part of a week of drying, though. The 6000 glue I used liquefies the already deposited paint, thus, careful there. For now there is no indication that it will peal or scratch off under normal use. I'll dive it tomorrow, will see.

ROTFL

[edit]
Apparently the computer had been drinking....again.
I applaud you ingenuity and craftsmanship.

Last edited:
Dude, if I could afford a third one... But seriously, for tech diving, in case one dies due to battery or some other problem.

Yeah. But what if your left arm gets bitten off by a killer whale? Better to keep the other computer on your other arm. Much safer that way.

Yeah. But what if your left arm gets bitten off by a killer whale? Better to keep the other computer on your other arm. Much safer that way.

Meh. Orcas in the wild have never attacked divers. :wink:

Meh. Orcas in the wild have never attacked divers. :wink:

I was attacked by a school of orcas once. They only took my Petrel and DSS BPW. Professional courtesy. They left my snorkel because they said that they had no use for it. I also used to have a pet mamba named Hans when I was in high school.

I was attacked by a school of orcas once. They only took my Petrel and DSS BPW. Professional courtesy. They left my snorkel because they said that they had no use for it. I also used to have a pet mamba named Hans when I was in high school.

You're right. Better to have the backup computer on the other arm.

@Texasguy,

What kind of light do you use? I'm curious if you had this on the same arm as your canister light.

Kosta

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom