Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Subsurface calculates RMV (but calls it SAC) and does the calculation using compressibility factors and bar <> atm.
How do you know which "connection" to select? There's 23 different LE numbers and none of them connect with my Perdix.

I had to use the nRF Connect app (per instructions on the Subsurface site, somewhere) on my phone to connect, pair, and bond (I think, I don't really understand the tech details of BT LE) my phone to my Perdix first. After I did that, then the Perdix started showing up by name in the Subsurface-mobile download source list.

I only had to use nRF Connect once. Now, Subsurface-mobile connects and downloads without any prep work, so to speak.

From the subsurface website.....

How do I download dives from my Bluetooth LowEnergy, BLE, Bluetooth Smart dive computer (e.g., Shearwater Perdix AI, Shearwater Perdix (latest models), Suunto EON Steel)?
At this point (September 2017, Subsurface 4.6.4) the release versions of Subsurface and Subsurface-mobile don’t support connecting to dive computers over BLE. We are actively working on this support and have test binaries for Mac (Subsurface) and Android (Subsurface-mobile) that support a hand full of BLE based dive computers. Windows support is a lot further away. While we have plans for a 4.7 version of Subsurface which includes this support, we have no expected release time frame, yet.

Edit- you have to download dives to a computer first and then they can be transferred to the app over the cloud. Stuff that, I'll stick with DiveLog.

Edit2- it just decided to connect lol after all that, I'm not a fan.

Last edited:
After I got it to work the first time, it works fine and normally (like, as you would have expected in the first place) all the time.

The current version is 4.7.x and so that message on their web page is old. I remember reading that but it still worked for me.

But now it doesn't. I wonder if Firmware v53 broke something. I can still load from the desktop but no longer from mobile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom