Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AJ:
Read somewhere the transmitters don't work reliably while scootering. Good reason not to spend money on AI for those divers. It also shows that AI is not as reliable as a SPG in all circumstances. If you like and trust AI fine, but beware of the limitations of AI before getting rid of your old SPG.
Can honestly say I've never had an issue or a signal drop out when scooters get or at any other time. I keep my TX on a 6" hose with a QD to prevent damage, maybe that extra distance helps, I don't know.

AJ:
Read somewhere the transmitters don't work reliably while scootering. Good reason not to spend money on AI for those divers. It also shows that AI is not as reliable as a SPG in all circumstances. If you like and trust AI fine, but beware of the limitations of AI before getting rid of your old SPG.

I have only seen a dive buddy experience signal loss once. All they needed to do was move their hand near their head. Positioning the computer near the transmitter for a brief moment was enough to reestablish the signal.

If that's the case there should be no issue. Thanks for clearing that up.

Are the "experts" who insisted that SW would never come out with an AI computer going to admit that they are wrong in public? I recall one of them even saying that they would disrespect SW if it did and would not be buying their products if they start selling AI DC's.

I see them talking with the other side of their mouth and becoming much less opposed to AI and even using it.

I wasn't the guy that said they would disrespect them, but those of us who said that Shearwater was not coming out with AI were doing so based off of the most recent statement by the founder of the company who said, direct quotes
"We have no plans to add wireless air integration to our computers."
quoted by Bruce, on this forum, 11/14/14. I understand that is 2 years ago, but that is the most recent official statement from the company. DiveCAN has the ability to monitor tank pressure via wired sensors, and I believe 1 or 2 OEM's are doing it. I'm glad that they changed their mind, but before you go calling us naysayers, remember that we were saying that based off of official information direct from the horses mouth

AJ:
I just did two Scotter dives on my Suex with my galileo sol and no issue with the AI at all

Are the "experts" who insisted that SW would never come out with an AI computer going to admit that they are wrong in public? I recall one of them even saying that they would disrespect SW if it did and would not be buying their products if they start selling AI DC's.

I see them talking with the other side of their mouth and becoming much less opposed to AI and even using it.

Wow. Did you really find it necessary to post three times in less than an hour to say the same thing? No one laughed the first time; doesn't mean you have to try again...

I just did two Scotter dives on my Suex with my galileo sol and no issue with the AI at all
I used to have problems with the AI transmitter for my sol after 20-25 dives. They switched to a higher voltage battery during the last service, and that problem seems to have disappeared.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom