Shearwater issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KentB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have sent an email to shearwater but want to see if anyone has had any similar issues and have any feedback.

I downloaded the cloud a few years ago and always had connection issues so I went back to the original desktop version.
my desktop shearwater decided not to open due to Adobe air being damaged I downloaded air again and still nothing.
Hopefully I can Retrieve the data still. My paper log with dive sites and info only goes to about dive 150.......:(

I downloaded the cloud and can only get some dives to upload.
My nerd2 uploads no problem but as it’s new it only has 20 or so dives on it.
My perdix AI version 81 uploaded 22 dives and that’s it. shows error 255 or error # command file format not supported

My perdix non AI was version 71 but won’t upload anything I updated firmware to 81 and still nothing.
I have not tried my petrel as it will have the same logs as the Nerd2

this is the same for both my IMac and phone

anyone ever had similar issues ?!?

Shearwater cloud has to be the worst product that Shearwater makes. I've fought it enough times I can't count. Keep trying, different ways, I can usually get it to work. At least to some devices.

The best way to sync your Shearwater is go stand in the yard at least 20 feet from any other electronics or metal objects. Any Bluetooth interference makes it painful to sync.

I found it much easier to upload with the mobile app. Never got my first Perdix to upload via computer and I’ve never tried it with my second one.

The best way to sync your Shearwater is go stand in the yard at least 20 feet from any other electronics or metal objects. Any Bluetooth interference makes it painful to sync.
Ok I’ll try that thanks

I found it much easier to upload with the mobile app. Never got my first Perdix to upload via computer and I’ve never tried it with my second one.
I can’t get any more than 42 logs uploaded combined between all the dive computers and both phone and iMac

I love my Shearwater computers, but find their app only useful for firmware updates. For logging my dives, I use Dive Log on my iPhone to upload from my Teric or Perdix AI via bluetooth immediately post dive. It's quick and easy and I've never had an issue. When I get home, I synch the log from Dive Log with Diving Log 6.0 on my PC via wifi - also quick and easy and I've never had a problem.

I love my Shearwater computers, but find their app only useful for firmware updates. For logging my dives, I use Dive Log on my iPhone to upload from my Teric or Perdix AI via bluetooth immediately post dive. It's quick and easy and I've never had an issue. When I get home, I synch the log from Dive Log with Diving Log 6.0 on my PC via wifi - also quick and easy and I've never had a problem.

Same here except I use MacDive.

does anyone know if i can access my dive logs any way in the old shearwater desktop app? i really just want the dive site names

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom