Shearwater Dive Computer Pricing Increased?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abstract

Registered
Reaction score
Is there any particular reason the price of their dive computers increased? Many sites had the perdix for $749 or so and now it is $849.

Last edited:
Probably related to the recent increase in the Canadian dollar from its lows.

Is there any particular reason the price of their dive computers increased? Many site has the perdix for $749 or so and now it is $849.
I'd guess it's because of this:
upload_2016-5-13_18-56-1.png

Maybe. I don't recall the pricing history of the Petrel. The CAD was actually a little stronger a year ago than it is now. The low was mid-January of this year. The current price increase is a bit more than 13%. There may be a bit more to it. What happened to the price in Canada?

part of it may be the slowly strengthening Canadian dollar, but much of it is probably just rising demand for the Perdix. The margin for a Shearwater dealer isn't all that great so bumping the price up to $850 if they'll sell at $850 isn't unexpected.

part of it may be the slowly strengthening Canadian dollar, but much of it is probably just rising demand for the Perdix. The margin for a Shearwater dealer isn't all that great so bumping the price up to $850 if they'll sell at $850 isn't unexpected.

My thoughts too, Perdix and Petrel are both $849 now. Guess some of us passed up a bargain at $100 less

A significant increase, not accounted for by currency price. I would still like to know what happened with the cost in Canada, anyone?

I bought my Petrel in January for $779. It is retailing for $849 at Dive Gear Express. I was a little surprised to see an increase of $70 so quickly.

In January the Canadian dollar hit a low of 68.6 cents it is now around 78 cents which is a little over 13% increase. Since the Perdix introduction in December the dollar has gone up about 10% so much of the increase is due to the rising loonie.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom