Shearwater Desktop vs Shearwater Cloud

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you know of an app that is similar to MacDive but for an Android.
DiveMate is what I used before I went completely to Shearwater

I edited a number of dives on my desktop using the cloud software since it’s easier to type with a real keyboard. - adding detailed notes, dive conditions and locations, ect. I can get my data to sync across the cloud to my phone.

Is it possible to have the data sync back to my perdix? I’ve tried connecting and syncing but it only seems to want to download from my perdix. Not sync the data both ways.

For PC, I really like DivingLog. (http://www.divinglog.com) Been using it for years with a few different diving computers. The developer has consistently improved it and is quick to respond if there are any problems. It has a companion app for Android that is put out by him and there is an iPhone/iPad app that seems to have similar functionality, but is actually put out by another developer. Desktop version is free to try for a limited version and 39 Euros (about 43 bucks)or the full program (if I remember correctly, he's German, but communicates with better English than mine) and the Android app is something like 5 bucks (in-app purchase that I made when it came out, so I'm not really sure exactly). The developer has consistently improved the program and app and is quick to respond if there are any problems. Desktop program can download directly from the Shearwater computers, but I believe downloading from the Android app is being worked on. It will also download from about any other dive computer you can think of. I haven't regretted buying it yet.

I did edit dive numbers but also entered a lot of other data.
The Perdix isn't going to show notes about your dive site, gear, etc. Is that what you're referring to?

I was hoping it would copy back my manual air pressure entries, since I didn’t buy a transmitter. It’s not really a big deal.

I was hoping it would copy back my manual air pressure entries, since I didn’t buy a transmitter. It’s not really a big deal.
Yeah I think you'll find you'll never look at your old logs on the DC anyway, once they're downloaded there's no point.

Does any know if you can import Shearwater Cloud Desktop into Diving Log?

Have been able to import Shewater Desktop into Diving Log, however now need to use Shearwater Cloud Desktop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom