Shearwater Desktop vs Shearwater Cloud

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And because of the excellent sync with MacDive, you can easily sync between desktop and mobile versions, using iCloud or DropBox.

Cloud works just fine without a connection to the internet. If you DO have the connection, then you have a chance to synchronize among devices and have a backup site for your data.

Ah. Guess I misunderstood, since I have not tried it. (Sorry, Shearwater.)

So does my data get mirrored whether I want it to be or not? Or can I store it solely on my own computer?

Ah. Guess I misunderstood, since I have not tried it. (Sorry, Shearwater.)

So does my data get mirrored whether I want it to be or not? Or can I store it solely on my own computer?
The Cloud app does not synchronize on its own; you have to click a button to do it. Don't click it, it stays only on your computer.

The Cloud app does not synchronize on its own; you have to click a button to do it. Don't click it, it stays only on your computer.

This. Took me a hot minute to figure that out. Not very intuitive. App should check for a connection upon being opened and autosync.

I am having a problem. I started with the desktop version and later switched to the cloud. During the transition, at some point I went back to the desktop version and DLd a few dives. Somehow, I ended up with a few dives that are in the cloud, but want to redownload every time I try to DL dives from my Perdix AI. I have to manually deselect them because I am afraid that they will overwrite my dives.

This. Took me a hot minute to figure that out. Not very intuitive. App should check for a connection upon being opened and autosync.

I am having a problem. I started with the desktop version and later switched to the cloud. During the transition, at some point I went back to the desktop version and DLd a few dives. Somehow, I ended up with a few dives that are in the cloud, but want to redownload every time I try to DL dives from my Perdix AI. I have to manually deselect them because I am afraid that they will overwrite my dives.
Hello Aaron, I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue. Could you please send us an email at techsupport@shearwater.com and we can take a look at this issue?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom