Shearwater Desktop Mac 2.3.5 and Petrel V.11 bluetooth fails

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GregSaiz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sent this to Shearwater support but wanted to warn others here of the potential issue. After updating to Shearwater desktop for Mac to 2.3.5, my Petrel running firmware V.11 won't connect via Bluetooth. It was working fine prior to the desktop update.

I've asked for a link to the old desktop version to see if that corrects the issue. If someone has the prior Mac version and can post a link, I'd appreciate it.

---------- Post added April 16th, 2013 at 07:26 PM ----------

As it turns out, this was unrelated to the desktop software. On the advice of Shearwater, I replaced the battery and bluetooth connected on the first try. Strange, the old battery only had about 10 dives on it and was showing 75%.

Sent this to Shearwater support but wanted to warn others here of the potential issue. After updating to Shearwater desktop for Mac to 2.3.5, my Petrel running firmware V.11 won't connect via Bluetooth. It was working fine prior to the desktop update.

I've asked for a link to the old desktop version to see if that corrects the issue. If someone has the prior Mac version and can post a link, I'd appreciate it.

---------- Post added April 16th, 2013 at 07:26 PM ----------

As it turns out, this was unrelated to the desktop software. On the advice of Shearwater, I replaced the battery and bluetooth connected on the first try. Strange, the old battery only had about 10 dives on it and was showing 75%.

Hi Greg, you are not alone in this regard. Seems like the battery is heavily drain during bluetooth transfer. I have a battery that is showing about 2/3 full and will pop battery warning everytime my Bluetooth transfer completes or it will fail and display a "Rev Error".

anyway, finally registered and posted something after browsing this board for so long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom