Shearwater AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, i have a new Shearwater Swift AI and dunked it in a freshwater tank after a dive disconnected from the 1st first stage without the cap on. It looks dry to me inside the screw but i havent opened up the AI. Am I likely to have damaged the AI ?

Might be fine. It is easy to remove the plastic housing to inspect / dry it out, which I would recommend if you think water got inside or you saw bubbles come out. There's a battery in there that you would want to remove promptly if water got inside. I found that out after a 60min dive during which the little rubber overpressure plug popped out inexplicably and saltwater entered at some point (worse outcome).

Why you are dunking disconnected transmitters in water? Probably unnecessary. Just dunk the reg with transmitter attached, wipe dry prior to removal

Thanks
Might be fine. It is easy to remove the plastic housing to inspect / dry it out, which I would recommend if you think water got inside or you saw bubbles come out. There's a battery in there that you would want to remove promptly if water got inside. I found that out after a 60min dive during which the little rubber overpressure plug popped out inexplicably and saltwater entered at some point (worse outcome).

Why you are dunking disconnected transmitters in water? Probably unnecessary. Just dunk the reg with transmitter attached, wipe dry prior to remov

Why you are dunking disconnected transmitters in water? Probably unnecessary. Just dunk the reg with transmitter attached, wipe dry prior to removal
Thanks. I’ll open it up and take a look. I used it with rental equipment on a liveaboard and removed from the first stage rental when packing up. I rinsed it with rest of my dive computer without thinking about it. Hope it’s Ok.

I don't think you'll have a problem if you give it time to dry out before you pressurize it again. No water can enter the housing via the HP inlet.
That’s a relief. Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom