Shears

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got some EMT shears from my local medical supply store for $2.50 for small shears and $3.00 for the larger one. I went to my local frabic store who had 2" nylon webbing. I sewed a pocket out of the webbing leaving enough webbing to make a flap to cover the handles of the scissors. I sewed velcro to keep it closed. I have a seaquest BC which has to brass eyelit holes in the top of the left pocket. I used SS 1/2 10/32 bolts with 1" SS washers on each side. It works beautifully. The shears are always were I can reach them. Easy in and easy out. :wink:

I forgot the total cost, about $5.00 piece. I made one for me and one for my wife for $10.00. My first DIY project.

Freeflyer:
You can get emt shears really cheap on ebay from the medical supply discount houses. I got 5 pairs of large shears for $6.

Bargain.

J.
thanks I will check it out. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom