Sharm or Quseir/Marsa Alam...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do all my diving in the Red Sea (no live-aboards) and would like to suggest the following aiming especially at non-divers;

Akassia Calimera Resort 30 minutes drive south of El Quseir great waterpark, Coraya Bay near Marsa Alam International airport small waterpark, Port Ghalib also near Marsa Alam airport (fancy bowling ?)

El Gouna 30 minutes drive north of Hurghada, small tourist town plenty to do (Sheraton Miramar)

Makadi Bay 30 minutes drive south of Hurghada great waterpark.

Happy diving

My hubby and I spent two weeks in Sharm in October. We booked two weeks off work for then in July and and behold Boris took Egypt off the red list unexpectedly in September. So we ended up on the first EasyJet from Gatwick to Sharm for three years.

Sharm was of course way quieter than it was on our last visit in 2008. But the diving was way way better than we remembered. And the experience of being in the water and being out on the day boats was fantastic. We have booked to go back in June. The shops are quieter and not all the restuarants were open.

My hubby did a day trip to Dahab and said that it was almost exactly as it was in 20010 when we were last there.

Marsa Alam May have warmer water at Easter.

Just go for it. But….do “practices” of the various forms you need to fill in. Take them all on hard copy and on at least one device. And one thing has go waaay worse…Sharm Airport was a nightmare to get through. Flights to different parts of the world seemed to have different entries into the checkin area. So check and double check before joining any queue. Give yourself four hours to get through to the departure gate.

Many thanks to all for the helpful replies.

Really looking forward to some diving at Easter...

Best,

RA

Back
Top Bottom