Sharm El-Sheikh F.A.Q.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Arthur, Yes I've read good things about the Egyptin restaurant you mention aswell, will def. check it out since my last trip to Egypt, I suspect, really didnt represent an authentic impression of their food.. atleast I dont hope so :wink:

Will be staying at Hilton dreams.. got a really good price at hotels.com (I recommend this site for finding cheap accomadation only pay 30£ Sterling per night incl. breakfast!!) and dive with Colona :)

Really looking forward to dive red sea again!! Hope its not too hot... read somewhere people are experiencing 40 degrees there now!!

BTW: Is it nesting season for titan triggerfish in the red sea now??

Hi, I'm new to diving and will be going to Dubai and Jordan the last week of Oct. Should I dive in Sharm or Agaba? What dive tours do you recommend? How do I get from Amman or Dubai to that region. Appreciate any advice! Thanks, Christina
The majority prefers Sharm to Aqaba (Jordan). However, if you want relaxed environment and excellent diving, try Dahab.
From Dubai you have to book a flight. From Amman you can either come by plane or by taxi through Taba.

Hello Nice to read your writing about Sharm i love Sharm very much and i live here since 1986
diving every day with my guest and friends,,
keep in touch drop me a line every now and then
Red Sea Lover
Ahmed Samir

Hi!

I am planning to visit the area of Sharm el-shiekh in March 2010. Can anyone tell what type of exposure suit I should bring with me? 3mm? 5mm? 7mm? Dry? Also, could one snorkel at that time of the year without an exposure suit?

Thanks

Hi!

I am planning to visit the area of Sharm el-shiekh in March 2010. Can anyone tell what type of exposure suit I should bring with me? 3mm? 5mm? 7mm? Dry? Also, could one snorkel at that time of the year without an exposure suit?

Thanks

Water temp should be about 24/25 deg C so a 5mm suit will be fine. Weather is really warming up in May so will be super. Snorkelling you may get cold without a suit but people do snorkel even now without a suit and whilst the water is 24/25 deg C the wind is cold.

hi there

last december 10th i was staying in hadaba in sharm and i snorkled all week without and exposure suit, just shorts and fins mask and snorkle

i also used a 3mm shortie while diving without any problems at all, the water is really lovely all year round,i have been there in summer and winter and never a problem with the cold at all hahah

is it true that all dives at the Blue Hole must have a dive guide? Does that mean you cant dive with your friend alone?

Back
Top Bottom