ShArKs!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scariest one ive seen is a bull shark at kurnel and the cutest are the baby whalers at shelley beach, frienndliest are the grey nurse sharks at magic point

cheers

I was at a shark feed at the North Horn on Osprey Reef. Oh wow was that something. White tip and Grey Reef Sharks munching down like crazy! Even a couple of Silver tips came by for a nibble or two. You want sharks there were plenty there.

My wife and I went to north carolina to dive for a week. we dove on this one wreck that was sunk by a german uboat, known for holding huge sand tiger sharks. once we got down to the wreck 90 to 100 ft. we leep froged around the deck to get a closer look at them . they were 8 t0 12 ft long hoovering like jets, it was awsome! we backed away slowly, not to cause too much attention. well, we backed right into one. it just moved over and let us pass. nothing like bumping into huge shark to make you feel alive!

I wAnNa TaLk ShArKs!!!!!

w0Rd! R U s3r1oUs? Th4T WuLd B k-K00l!

Ugh... I haven't seen people talk like this since the 80s.

WeLl... I uSeD tO mOdEl FoR RoXy QuIkSiLvEr... AnD tHaT wAs ThE oNe AnD oNlY tImE i EvEr SaW a ShArK, dUrInG a ShOot...
I hAvE a GrEaT rEsPeCt FoR tHe ShArK... aS iT iS a MaGnIfIcEnT, bEaUtIfUl CrEaTuRe...
I wOuLd LoVe To BeCoMe CeRtIfIeD sO i CoUlD dIvE wItH tHeM...

some of the most beutiful creatures in the sea
some of the most teryifing creatures in the sea
my most favourite creatures in the sea
most of my favourite dives so far have been with them

Well... I have snorkeled off the coast of Catalina once, and all I saw was eels and orange fish. I was lucky enough to see some seals too! They were beautiful! The only question I have is this...

The tour guide that took me out on his boat said that there had been Great White sightings off of that coast, and the seals being there made me really nervous. Is there any truth to what he said, or was it all just a bunch of hoopla?

Whites off of catalina are really rare. A diver seeing a white in Socal would be incredibly rare.

I had a feeling that he was just pulling my chain... But it scared me nonetheless. Does anyone have any suggestions to a person who has not dove yet to get started? I am trying to plan a vacation for next summer, and could use some pointers!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom