Sharks, Eel sanctuary, Wakeboarding, and Glass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Went out on JJ's (VBlueV) boat along with friend Dave and has an awesome day. The ocean was flatter than the pre-dawn-of-science earth and we had up to 75ft of vis (maybe more.) We dove the pinnacles and "the diner"

Sharks at the pinnacles--Galapagos that I couldn't get a shot of in the distance and two reef sharks.

P2180605copy.jpg

P2170585copy.jpg

Some small critters

P2170579copy2.jpg

After that dive JJ made me snorkel around the open ocean for a good half hour looking for things that may or may not have been there.

We went to the Diner, where there were so many large eels it made them seem common.

P2180621copy.jpg

P2180617copy.jpg

awesome day.

There was also wakeboarding. My first time. Very fun.
Here are some pics of JJ riding on some glass

P2170553copy.jpg

P2170541copy.jpg

..After that dive, JJ made me snorkel around the open ocean for a good half hour looking for things that may or may not have been there.

There was also wakeboarding. My first time. Very fun.
lol.. i had dave lookin' for the submerged station/platform ("The Looking Glass") from the end of last season's LOST episodes. :wink:

it's there somewhere.. and oh yes.. i will find it :eyebrow:

yeah.. i couldn't believe it was dave's first time ever wake-boarding!
he popped right up the first try.. and then after a few practice turns..
he pulled some major gnarly air.. wow!

i'll post my pics later..

Thats awesome dude! Hey Badhat, what kinda of camera are you using? Those are amazing pictures. I love the crab, very different. And the shark is a great shot. Whats wrong with getting a little swim in while looking for good dives? Best exercise you could ask for right there.

Thanks Matt. I have an Oly SP-350. It's a cool camera. Pretty versatile and powerful for it's size.

I'm sore as hell from that wakeboarding. ...legs, not arms...legs, not arms...

Those are some great shots JJ! Love the pics.

Harry, its only a little extra weight... You can handle it.

Cool pics...I should have brought my gear out. The viz was awesome. We could see the bottom from 60-70 ft. Slack tide was gooddd.

cool pics, JJ..
Couldn't believe how many eels were under that ledge.

if you look close at this shot.. there are actually 5 x eels showing..
DSCN2163.jpg

and if "harry" hadn't silted up the place..
i could've panned out and gotten a shot of 2 more on either side of those :11doh:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom