Shark's Cove this Friday (30Apr)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kanonfodr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for buddies for a dive at Shark's Cove on Friday morning while conditions look favorable. Anybody want to go? PM me.

Peace,
Greg

Gabe,

Was planning on an 8am showtime but that can be adjusted. Last time I checked surf report it was 2-5, but hopefully with an early start we can catch it before they start getting big, coming off of Thursday's 0-3 forecast.

Peace,
Greg

Bugger, the surf report put seas at 0-3 today. Conditions look increasingly snotty through Sunday and the early part of next week. Maybe we'll be able to dive it safely by Memorial Day, at this rate?!

Well I just got back from there today. Drove up a little after 8 and was in the water by 830. Went left towards the firehouse first, saw lots of good things including two juvenile morays (one whitemouth, another yellowmouth) hanging out next door to each other, plenty of fishies, Fushia flatworms several times and a Pustulose Slug as well (YAY!!!) Little guys FTW!!

Gabe and I played phone tag a bit during my surface interval and I watched a lot more divers come in. Guess I wasn't the only one hopping up and down for this day. Some exploration on land and photogging with the blackberry to finish up and I was in the water again headed right.

Found one of the larger lava tubes and explored it greatly, found a whole school of Ulua hiding in the back of one so that was sweet! Came out of the lava tubes and played around a bit before turning on cold. On the way back found a particularly active Fushia flatworm running (erm...crawling?) around, as well as a Tiger flatworm that was moving in a similarly expeditious manner (for a slug) and the cutest baby moray I have ever seen. He was about as thick as my pinkie and probably not much longer. I couldn't make a certain ID on him, upon further research it was not a dragon moray.

Coming back into the cove spotted a group of newer divers: one on his knees on the bottom, another standing right next to him, the third making a SLOW descent. I just hung out and watched them for a while, hoping for a humorous incident. Didn't happen so we exchanged waves and parted ways.

Met Gabe on the surface as he was coming in with his group and joined them for lunch at Killer Tacos where we all shot the bull and enjoyed some great food. Now I gotta get ready for tonight's diving, taking the dubs to the Enzo for some night diving!!

The water the whole time was super nice and clear, and the surge picked up a bit for the second dive (really at the end of my first) but it was still very manageable. Perfect conditions for a dive I've been waiting literally almost two years to do again.

Peace,
Greg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom