Sharks Cove Summer Kick-Off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottitheduck

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Aloha Everyone,

Got a pretty nice little weekend planned.....

Sat: Diving the wrecks of Waikiki (Either YO 257 or Seatiger). Lots of seats left, just call to get your spot!

Sun: Setting up the grill and bringing some tanks up to our favorite spot at Sharks Cove. Looking forward to seeing some dive club members, long lost dive buddies and just talking story.... 10am on tha grassy area by the Elevator Shaft entrance. Anyone know if they ever got another picnic table over there?

Anyone is welcome to join.... just keeping it casual and looking to dive and chill, jive and grill. Hope to see some of you there.

Questions.... give me a ring. My number is on my website.

G

No picnic tables at Shark's Cove. You'll probably want a tarp... Even the shade is sunny after a while. Just did that over the last holiday weekend. Wish I could join, but I have other obligations.

I apologize for spamming your post, I'm too new (haven't posted comments enough) to be allowed to post my own URL, so forgive me...

My fiance lost my Canon camera in it's underwater housing while we were on our way in from a dive out in Sharks Cove on Saturday 8/8. If anyone knows of anyone that found a Canon digital camera, in a compact underwater housing anywhere from Shark's cove to Waimea Bay, please contact me at mjheinecke@gmail.com. It was positively buoyant, so probably would have been floating (and could be well on it's way out to sea by now), but I'm confident someone would have found it right away, there were certainly enough other divers, snorkelers, and swimmers in the area to have seen it. I can describe most of the pictures on there, some that were pre-dive, (my pets were the first few) and I have all the owner's manuals for both the camera and the underwater housing. PLEASE if you have any info, it really means a lot to me.

So sorry to hear about the camera..... I haven't dived the cove in a few weeks but will keep my ears open. Good folks to talk to might be the instructors at the North Shore shops they are there almost everyday during the summer. You could check with Surf-N-Sea and Deep Ecology. I've seen SB member BlackPSI up there a bunch too as well as Tyler from Deep Ecology. Might even ask Scuba Drew if he has heard anything....

Good luck.

G

Back
Top Bottom