Sharks Cove- Dive Log!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pacificparadisedivers

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Aloha all....

Just got back from a great day of diving here on Oahu! We did 3 beach dives out of Sharks Cove today.... It was awesome!

With water temps coming up- time to put away the wetsuit for the season. Trunks and a wetsuit top on dive #1- only trunks and rash gaurd on dives #2&3. Summer is here! Water temp 79F by my computer.

In the am vis was down a bit - due to winds & tide (70ft range), we started out going right towards the Elevator shaft area working the rocks and swim throughs in between. It got pretty nice back in the corner! Saw 8 turtles, 3 eels (one super big one!) Jv Rock movers, one octo, a bunch of Jv Leaf Scorpion fish and tons of other fellers! Great dive!

On the second dive we went to the left, found a bunch of interesting stuff but the best was a great swim through out in the middle of now where! I must mention 4 nice sized cowrie shells, a super bright nudi (don't know what kind) but only one turtle on this one!

For the third dive, tide had changed and the vis got much better- we actually started at the Elevator shaft on this one. Right as I dropped in I found myself face to face with a good sized Zebra Moray! Thought he was going to give me a kiss! While crusing around outside on this dive we found a bunch of things that warrant much further investigation..... Stay tuned- Updates are sure to come!

Enjoy!

Chris Wade

Hey Chris
It's Melissa (from Hickam-you filled my tanks a couple of times- the short time you were around). We dove Firehouse because Shark's Cove was packed. We got to see a great barracuda swim by. He was a smaller one and had no interest in us. I did get 2 pictures of him. Our vis was okay, have definitely had better. Was Mike and Catherine with you? Vince and I did one dive for 1hr 18 minutes then went home. We dove the Trench on Sunday. So-so vis but we were diving so can't complain. Traffic was a nightmare seeing as how the caneo races were the same day.
I will pm you and give you our phone number so we can all get wet sometime.

I was trying to get to sharks cove today too, didn't work out. :-( so I played shark at the pool, that didn't work out either.

Aloha Melissa & Wildcard-

Yep- Mike was with me along with a couple of others, and Catherine came out later- but we had already gotten 3 dives in, so we called it and went to Joes for lunch and a couple of cocktails! It was a great time....

Sorry the vis wasn't great- but as you mention, diving is diving! Early it was ugly, but got better as the day went on. The Barracuda had to be cool!

I got your PM and will give you guys a call and see what is happening for this weekend.... maybe we will get a bit of a break from the south swell and we can hit a boat dive out of the south shore?!?!?!?!?! My wife will be back from the mainland as well.

WildCard- Why didn't playing shark in the pool work out? The vis had to be good there :)

Enjoy

Chris Wade

The vis was great but the prey was wary! Dove the corsair today, swell wasen't bad and the vis was prety good to.

Corsair? Joe didn't go out this am....?!?!!?!?!?!? Who did you go out with Wildcard?

The colors of blue always get me happy there.... just love that dive!

Did I mention that I can narc at any depth or lack there of? :)

Chris Wade-

Im withholding the name of the operator at this point as Im supposed to be working for them but had a HUGE safety issue come up and they don't seem concerned. Gonna talk to the owner about it first.

Dove Shark cove today. Pretty good dive despite the vis which was marginal, 40-50 feet. Did a couple of tanks....If anyone finds a 4C yellow light there, IT"S MINE! Up shallow in 20-25 feet I think. I pulled out my slate to ID a nudi for a friend and haven't seen the light since.

Sorry 'bout the light, hope it finds it's way back to you.

and hope all goes well with the other thing too :wink:

Good excuse to up grade I guess.

Back
Top Bottom