SharkPit and Airport 09/29/2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSeanMaui

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Tim and I did a few dives Saturday at Sharkpit and Airport Beach in West Maui. Pretty fun dives! I have a report and lots of photos at these urls:

Shark Pit and Airport Beach, 09/29/2007 - Scuba Blogs
Re: Shark Pit and Airport Beach, 09/29/2007 Pt 2 - Scuba Blogs

here are a few photos in case you don't want to click:

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

Sean

nize shots!

'see tim's sportin' the grizzly adams look :D

i like how you captured the shiny scales on the great barracuda.

what camera do have? strobe?

Location, location, location. What time were you in the water? Did you see schooling baitfish near the surface and in the shallows? Last week while freediving Black Rock there were a couple great barracudas eyeballing the small fry. When you guys were in the water it would seem the really exciting activity was a little farther South of your second dive. :eyebrow:

Beach closes due to shark sightings

Thanks VblueB! I have a Nikon D200 with DS-50 and DS-51 Ikelite Strobes and housing. I was shooting with my favorite lens the 60mm Nikon.

Halemano. We didn't see any schooling fish out there. Tim commented on how odd it was to see the Barracuda so near the bottom... We were in the water around 10:45 - 12:10 or so.... It was the biggest Great I've ever seen but I'm a newbie! :)

Sean

You a newbie?? Are you kidding me? :D:D:D

Hahah you are exactly who I had in mind when I said that. If by the time I die, I have seen as much as you have underwater, I will die a happy man! :)

Sean:pumpkin:

Nice shots Sean - That shark shot is incredible for how bad the vis was there - and nice job on the 'cudda - this gives me a better view than I had in person.

btw - Did you do something to annoy me in that first shot, or was I really that hot standing around in my 5mil? lol :wink:

Great diving with you Sean ... Looking forward to our next dive together.

Aloha, Tim

Thanks Tim!

One thing I noticed about the shark is that it looks like he's been hooked.... I was surprised at the photo myself! :)

Sorry Tim I must have been late gearing up! I didn't realize you were in a 5 mil!! I hope we can do it again very soon!!

Sean

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom