Shark week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom wicker

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone watching shark week? That guy riding the back of them Great Whites must have a few screws loose. And that tiny alum. JBL sawed off takes the cake, if he fires that gun on them 20footers he will piss it off. I do got to admit I would love to be in that cage taking a look for myself

Watching that show makes me want to run out and buy one of the Omer suits I never noticed how cool they looked :D

I saw that guy freediving and swiming with those tiger sharks...that was cool.He was hand feeding them and riding on them. The best part about shark week to me is that it helps to educate the public on sharks and dispells myths and misunderstandings associated with them. I agree with you those Omersub suits are cool, I have my eye on this one right here:

OSBWDM1.jpg

Yea they sure do look nice. There on the chest is that a gun loading pad? The ones they were using were two piece. I seen were you asked Jim if they carried them did he give you an answer or dose a person have to order them through Omer itself?

Shark week is the best. We watch the replay the next day during our lunch break. It give me a chance to educate some of my fellow employees about the myths of sharks as well as their importance in the food chain. Not to mention the horrible things the shark fishing industry does to the shark populations.

MBT doesn't carry them , but they said that they could order it. I checked on leisurepro.com and they are showing them in their website as coming soon. Leisurepro is selling them for $187.00 which is below the suggested retail price.

wjefferis:
MBT doesn't carry them , but they said that they could order it. I checked on leisurepro.com and they are showing them in their website as coming soon. Leisurepro is selling them for $187.00 which is below the suggested retail price.

One thing about MBT it seems they can come up with anything a person could want. I want one of them suits in a bad way it’s like a kid in a candy factory for me. I don’t believe I’ve ever ordered anything from Leisurepro have you had any dealings with them in the past?

snepdiver:
Shark week is the best. We watch the replay the next day during our lunch break. It give me a chance to educate some of my fellow employees about the myths of sharks as well as their importance in the food chain. Not to mention the horrible things the shark fishing industry does to the shark populations.

Clay I have found it hard to educate people when it comes to Sharks it seems most are head strong and no matter what they see the bad in them very few have an open mind. I work with a group of guys that swear the Sharks are going to eat them a live each time we have to work even in waist deep water. Sometimes it gets to the point they refuse to enter the water with me. Of course that long stick that seems to find it’s way into my hands may have something to do with it when I reach out underwater and scratch their legs :rofl3: Have you ever seen a 2'' pipe turned loose from a mans hand while it has a full throttled 4'' pump hooked to it.

tom wicker:
I don’t believe I’ve ever ordered anything from Leisurepro have you had any dealings with them in the past?

For the most part I try and support my LDS, but for some items I will stray. I have purchased several things from leisurepro and have saved a butt load from them. For instance jet fins usually cost 105.00. leisurepro sells them for 67.00. I got a cressi big eyes mask from them for 26.00. I have seen them in dive shops for 65.00 and up. It is worth a try to look. www.leisurepro.com

Manm did you guys see the episode with all of the great whites jumping out of the water. It would be very cool to go and cage dive and see them in person.

wjefferis:
Manm did you guys see the episode with all of the great whites jumping out of the water. It would be very cool to go and cage dive and see them in person.

It’s hard to perceive that something with that size and weight could actually clear the waters surface. Just stopping to think about it for a second if a person would be there on the surface hanging out and a large White would hit you at that force and speed from below it would have to feel like a Mack truck just hit you head on..

You know I got to tip my hat to the California divers I don’t know how I would react swimming through a kelp field and come face to face with a creature of that size the way they do. I’ll just keep to my seven foot bulls here at lease I would have a chance going down a fighting.

Another thing that makes me wonder after watching Shark week I have always been told and during my training on an encounter with an aggressive shark a punch or poke to the gill plate is a good defense. But after watching some of the victims interviews I’m beginning to think it is a myth

I listened to a local Instructor talk me out of carrying a PPD but after watching Mr. Andersons interview and his struggle with the Bull down off the main beach by the Pink Pony Pub I will be carrying a couple PPD’s on my gum again in the future

I would also love to see one of them whites from a cage some of the photographs that they took had to be awesome

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom