shark tooth diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadad3

New
Reaction score
now that Venice is set to start renourishment is the search going to be impossible? is there anywhere else that you can find the teeth as easily? i have 2 girls 4&6 who love to sift through the sand looking for teeth. Im set to dive next Tuesday with florida west is it going to worth it?

This is not the first time they've done it. While it's a bad idea environmentally, it doesn't really hurt the fossil diving. Finding teeth on shore will be harder for a few years, but then it's already pretty bad on shore compared to before they started this silliness.

We were able to find several in shark teeth when they dredged/pumped to restock the beack near Bonita

Colin, you and that bone :crafty: It is a good find thou.
Chris

Dude... Chris.. that area is totally cool to dive over!! It's a bit of live reef with tons of broken bone bits around... a few teeth, open sand with patches of the rocky sand you find teeth in.. its very much worth the tank dive over it on a trip.

scubadad3:
now that Venice is set to start renourishment is the search going to be impossible? is there anywhere else that you can find the teeth as easily? i have 2 girls 4&6 who love to sift through the sand looking for teeth. Im set to dive next Tuesday with florida west is it going to worth it?

I have been trying to locate a dive boat, or area where I can dive for the teeth, but so far, my calls are not answered, and request for return calls do not happen. Please, who do you recommend I call?

willwalton:
I have been trying to locate a dive boat, or area where I can dive for the teeth, but so far, my calls are not answered, and request for return calls do not happen. Please, who do you recommend I call?
There's lots of SBers from the area that can give you more than this.......... the only one I know of- Florida West Scuba School. They seemed like a nice bunch. There's a bunch of teeth and fossils on display at the shop. Didn't take a charter with them, only rented a tank for a shore dive. Check their website- www.floridawestscuba.com There's several areas to do shore dives from as well. Didn't have much luck the time I drove 2+ hrs to get there. Usually someone from the area there every weekend. You shouldn't have a problem hookin' up.......now that you've come to the right place to ask! :D BTW- Welcome to ScubaBoard!

A group of us will be at the end of Alhambra Ave tomorrow morning. Come join us.

willwalton:

Welcome to ScubaBoard Will

There are a ton of SB'ers that regularly dive for teeth near Venice. Just keep an eye out on this forum and the Trips subforum for future dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom