Shark Repellent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greenpeace is only interested in cute, fuzzy, brightly colored, or warm blooded animals, they'd never go to bat for a shark. I said "zealots" for a reason, namely that they are pretty much ecoterrorists. True conservation groups do good things and the two should not be confused.

Wow...you guys really are missing the point here...I know there are commercial fishermen who look forward to getting their "bycatch" in the boat so they can make some money on fins, but there are a lot out there who would rather not have the sharks taking using up all their bait. If this stuff works (and I know it is a big "if), then this could be a cooperative effort between the commercial fishing industry and the shark conservation folks. Greenpeace and the other ecoterrorists need not apply.

Ok. Being in the bottom of the Philippines, I have no great knowledge of eco conservation groups, zealots or not.

Back to the topic......... Our city here is called the Tuna Capital of the Philippines as we ship out 30 metric tons a day, both fresh and in cans. At the fishport, I see an occasional shark, dolphin, manta and everything else aside from the great volume of tuna, swordfish and marlin. They are occasional not because they are not caught but because they are illegal to offload here. So they are caught but off loaded somewhere else or just thrown away.

I know this product will help immensely if it works. I also hope they can make one for dolphins. All the canned tuna we ship out has to have a dolphin friendly logo on it and the European buyers send an inspection group every so often to inspect the tuna.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom