Shark Dive in Jupiter, FL With Emerald Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murfdizzle21

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On Saturday July 13, 2013 we went out with Randy Jordan aboard the Emerald looking for sharks, and boy did we find some. First two dives were out on the deep ledge. The current was ripping down there. On the first dive we saw some bulls on the bottom but too far to get on camera, they wouldn't come up. We then had a dusky or silky shark, hard for me to tell the difference between the two, which stayed with us for the rest of the dive. On the second dive we saw sandbar sharks, which were kind of shy and didn't come to close. We also saw a hammerhead briefly before it took off, and again more bull sharks on the bottom that would not come up. The stars of the show on the second dive were 4 or 5 dusky sharks which came around and hung out for almost an hour getting very close at times. The third dive was at capt curls, we saw some turtles, goliaths, and a couple nurse sharks. All footage shot by myself and Cameron Nimmo on the gopro hero 2 with srp cy filter. Thanks for checking it out.

Shark Dive in Jupiter with Emerald Charters - YouTube

At what depth were you on that dive? How long did you stay down?

Awesome video man. Jealous. That dude feeding sharks... I kept waiting for him to get bitten, with all the simultaneous petting and feeding. Excellent footage.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom