Shark Artemis Primary light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walde

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have any experience with Shark Artemis lights?
I'm thinking of updating my Nanight and Artemis is one of the options. Replacement needs to be something I can take to airplane.

The Shark Artemis is a really nice light with good burn times. Spot is quite narrow, but not as tight as a Halcyon Focus. The Artemis have a bit more corona, which I don't mind for the most part. But it does light up the water in general in front of you, and not just whatever you are illuminating at a distance, a bit more than lights with a super narrow beam. I have not tested the newest version with the red ring and new switch, but shape of beam and corona, light output and burn times should be similar. Reasonably priced for what you get.

The Shark Artemis is a really nice light with good burn times. Spot is quite narrow, but not as tight as a Halcyon Focus. The Artemis have a bit more corona, which I don't mind for the most part. But it does light up the water in general in front of you, and not just whatever you are illuminating at a distance, a bit more than lights with a super narrow beam. I have not tested the newest version with the red ring and new switch, but shape of beam and corona, light output and burn times should be similar. Reasonably priced for what you get.
Does the light stay on full power for the whole time or how does it act when battery is running low?

I've burntested it on high and mid setting, but not on low, at least not yet. Burntime on high was a bit over two hours before it started blinking signalling low power. Burntime on medium setting was 8 hours and three minutes before it startet blinking. The announced burntime on low is around 15 hours, but I haven't tested it.

It does stay at the setting you set the whole time, and does not reduce output as the battery is used. Maybe the newest version with the spingloaded on/off switch does it, I don't know, but the one with the rotating switch does not.

Medium is enough light in most cases. I usually use mine on low or medium, and only now and then I feel the need to punch through a bit further and use full power.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom