Shameless plug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Some of my photos are running on Dave Read's SPUD (Scuba Picture Uv the Day!). I think they will be showing for the rest of this week. You've probably already seen most of them but there are a few unseen ones.

Dave's SPUD is a great way to start your day with a scuba picture!

SPUD looks like a pretty good website - good on you for getting your fotos on there!

I'm hoping to start underwater photography soon, but am being held back by the lack of funds for a good camera/housing.

Do you think its worth hiring one from a dive shop just to see if I actually have any talent for it?

Cheers

As usual, you've captured an image that many of us have seen (and wish we were seeing now...)

Dee once bubbled...
Some of my photos are running on Dave Read's SPUD (Scuba Picture Uv the Day!). I think they will be showing for the rest of this week. You've probably already seen most of them but there are a few unseen ones.

Dave's SPUD is a great way to start your day with a scuba picture!

Nice work Dee! I can't access the site right now, but I managed to see them the other day.

wb

scuba_katt once bubbled...
SPUD looks like a pretty good website - good on you for getting your fotos on there!

I'm hoping to start underwater photography soon, but am being held back by the lack of funds for a good camera/housing.

Do you think its worth hiring one from a dive shop just to see if I actually have any talent for it?

Cheers

Katt....renting/hiring a camera is actually a very good idea. Not everyone enjoys u/w water photography or has a talent for it. It's best to find that out BEFORE you spend alot of money on it.

Some shops and dive resorts have added digital cameras to their rentals so you may have a choice of film or digital. With the resources of the internet, it's possible to learn out to work the camera in question before you take it out so you'll have a shorter learning curve.

Let me know if I can help...

cwb once bubbled...

Sounds like you saw some of my pictures ;-)

wb

I think the conditions were working against you! They weren't THAT bad..:wink:

Dee those pictures must be so great that all the traffic the site is seeing must have overloaded his server :eek: …..I cant open that link......Just curious if its me of if everyone is have the same trouble?????

:(

Scott

It's been down all morning. Dang...I didn't mean to break it! :rolleyes:

WB....I try to keep diver subjects within 3-4 ft when the vis is less than 10 ft. The green algae in the water, even when it's 'clear', really sucks the light out of the picture and a strong flash just highlights the algae giving it an overall hazy look. Try angling your strobe to the inside about 20º, that will help with the backscatter.

Since we seldom every get 30ft vis, I don't have an answer to that one!

Back
Top Bottom