Shameless plug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfsidedav

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I wanted to dabble into the HID's without getting too deep into my pocket, so Larry at Scuba Toys suggested the UK Light Cannon. I got to try it out this past weekend and it out shone everyone around me. I was very pleased. And before you guys with the 21W'ers start the harrassment, a nice 21W canister is on my wish list now. And after all I've read here about Scuba Toys, I thought I'd give them a try. Everyone was right. It was a completely pleasant experience and I'd recommend them to anyone.

The Light Cannon is a nice bright recreational light. I don't think anyone has a problem with them specifically... some people prefer a light with a very tight beam that can be used for signaling your buddy, but if you like your light, that's great. It is a nice light.

Congrats!

The light Cannon 100 was the first “real” dive light I bought also. If you get a 10 Watt HID the LC 100 is the best value, almost all 10w HIDs use the exact same bulb the LC does, so why pay $400 to $600 more for other 10 watt HIDs that put out the same light?

Now I dive with a 50 watt HID and a 15 watt LED backup, but I still have the Light Cannon 100 for foolish dive buddies who think a UK SL4 or SL6 can be a primary light on a night dive. The UK SL4 and SL6 are great backup lights but not bright enough to be a good primary on a night dive.

surfsidedav:
I wanted to dabble into the HID's without getting too deep into my pocket, so Larry at Scuba Toys suggested the UK Light Cannon. I got to try it out this past weekend and it out shone everyone around me. I was very pleased. And before you guys with the 21W'ers start the harrassment, a nice 21W canister is on my wish list now. And after all I've read here about Scuba Toys, I thought I'd give them a try. Everyone was right. It was a completely pleasant experience and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Surfsidedav,

If you are interested in a 21watt HID system, Look at Green Force, www.mantaindustries.com Our 21 watt system can be used with a variety of batteries, all depends on how much burn time you need. Our 21 offers an impact resistant bulb.

If you have any question let me know.

Thanks - Greg

Back
Top Bottom