Shallower dive then deeper dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do reverse profiles quite frequently with no ill effects. Much of the early work on their acceptability was done by as friend of mine, Jon Hardy (the founder of SCUBA Lab but now deceased) However I adhere to a good surface interval and follow my computer (and brain).

I wouldn't make a habit of it but if you are careful I doubt a single reverse profile will result in any ill effects.

Dr. Bill

Thanks for all of the info re. reverse profiles. Was able to pull up a great deal of information w/ a couple of searches. Think that I'll continue to hunt around for the dive I want in the morning but, absent that, will give it a try.

Again, thanks.

Hal

Hal:
Have always tried to comply with the rule re. deeper dives followed by shallower dives. On an dive trip I'll be doing in February, it appears that the deeper wreck dive I want to do (around 100 ft) will be in the afternoon. Divers offered in the morning are shallower reef dives. Anticipate using nitox (32%). So, increased risk of decompression sickness if do shallower dives followed by deeper ones?

Thanks,

Hal

i do reverse profiles and incorporate deep stops into every dive. after reading and studying the theory as posted by GUE-WKPP on deepstops, PFO and blood circulation time in the body, i think JJ theory works if applied properly.

Tho this does not sit well with the PADI instructors that manage the resort... shhhhh..... solo diving is 'enforced' :eek:( sad part...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom